Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blog Post 10

Welcome to my PLE
When comparing personal learning networks, I think this 7th grader has me beat. I admire that this student's science class is paperless, which allows for better utilization of online/technological tools. Because of this, I am sure a lot of time has been dedicated in the classroom to better enhance her personal learning environment.
Being such a young student, I was impressed with the way she separated her school posts from her social/personal posts. Having the opportunity to learn how to navigate with such an important tool, will put her ahead of all of her non-technological peers. I am certain this student could probably give me some pointers.

Two Questions That Could Change Your Life
What an interesting way to look at a situation. Someone's sentence. At first, I was unsure how/what I thought about this. "A great man is a sentence." My initial thought was how could a sentence define someone. After examples were introduced, it was clear that a sentence may say everything about a person. How many times throughout a day do we summarize someone we know in a sentence? More than one would think.
In my opinion, I would use my first sentence as draft. Then incorporate the second question: was I better today than yesterday, I would revise my sentence. I find this to be a very beneficial concept; asking if I was better today than yesterday. By doing this, hopefully full potential should be met of what a person is capable of influencing.
My Sentence: "I will make a difference in children's lives who would otherwise have a dull future, through utilizing the use of available resources."
I have chosen this sentence because although it is basic, it is a starting point. I had rather start broad and generalize as I continue to find ways to enhance every aspect of my abilities to encourage and motivate individuals.

2 comments:

  1. Thoughtful. Well done. A good starting point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sara! I've been interested in what other people came up with for their sentences. I like that you admit your sentence is a draft and you will use it as a starting point. I also like the part of your sentence that says you will make a difference "utilizing...available resources." To me, this means that you are interested in keeping up with what is new and giving your students the best opportunities you possibly can. Thanks for sharing your sentence!

    ReplyDelete